• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adjusting vibrate for email / phone notification

Marc_G

Hi folks,

Got my DroidX mostly set up but I'm still struggling with a few things that I'm used to easily doing on blackberries from work.

For notifications, here's how I like things to be set up:

Phone: two vibrate pulses then ring tone
email address 1: one vibrate pulse then notification sound 1, low volume
email address 2: one vibrate pulse then notification sound 2, medium volume

I figured out how to do different notification sounds for the different email addresses on droid, but not how to control their volume independently. Also I haven't found out how to adjust the vibration pattern.

What's the best way to do this? I'm satisfied with the Gmail application otherwise; my two email accounts are gmail ones and the push email works great. I just would like to customize it a bit so that I can feel the difference between an incoming call and an incoming email.

Marc

Welcome to the forums, Marc.

There is an application in Market called, "WhoIsIt beta" which addresses the issue of custom vibration patterns for notifications.

I cannot attest to its quality, etc, as I've never used it.

I'd do a search in Market under, "vibration app," etc.

Vibrate Tools is a free, and really basic app for just sms vibrate patterns. Unfortunately, it only works for sms, and not for specific phone numbers. It is, however, free, and simple to use.

Back
Top Bottom