• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root advanced task killer not working? Droid, bb 0.2.1

otter

Has anyone else noticed that the task killer doesn't seem to kill the tasks? I mean it does and it says that it freed up x memory, but when I open ATK again all my programs are shown to be open.

Also, when I open my browser, for example it restores the old page I was on. In the past I used ATK to kill it and when I opened it next time my home page would work. How can I go back to that?

Consider it a favor that app killers don't work. Droid's software is built to multitask and run multiple apps. It doesn't save much battery if any at all and it could eventually end up hurting your phones hardware.

The browser goes to the last page you opened because its usually helpful. There's no way to change that that I know of.

Thanks. I have read arguments for and against. I even read that some said that their battery life was better w/out ATK. I have used it since I got my droid since I heard it saved battery life. I was planning on running a week w/out it just to test and see how things go

Back
Top Bottom