• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advice on battery conservation while playing music?

Just wondering about the best strategies, as my Droid Turbo seems to be a bit power-hungry.

The screen blanks OK if I'm not moving it around, but I'd like to add the battery level indicator to the locked screen.

I'm using wifi to listen to various internet sources, with wired earbuds.
If I go for a bluetooth headset, or external flashdrive music storage, is either a significant extra power drain?
For example, a bluetooth headset is self powered, but the bluetooth transmitter in the Droid requires power itself- which is greater?

Is there an 'energy app' that manages power for these kinds of uses (radio, audiobook, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

You can't add the battery level to the Moto Display (I believe that's what you are talking about - not the lockscreen, which is different.)

BT will use more power than wired earbuds. A flash drive will definitely use more power, but downloading music to the phone's storage should use less than wifi streaming.

Android manages power as well as it can - there is no app which will make it better.

Back
Top Bottom