• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advice on which phone I should get

_wolf_

Sep 10, 2010
Hi everybody,

I'm not a regular poster here but I'd really like some help on this topic.

I have been using the granddaddy of the samsung flagships: the Samsung Galaxy S1 for the last 3 years or so.

I'm looking for a change.

I have no problem buying Karbonn, Micromax, Xolo, Celkon, etc brand phones. I just want to lay this out there because I want to buy a phone in this price range for now. However, if y'all do recommend me any of these phones please tell me whether they have good customer support post-sale if I need help.

In a year I'll spend more and buy the Note 3 or whatever. But for now, I want one of these Indian models but with the best bang for my buck. If you guys think the Indian models are crap, please tell me and I'll revise my budget accordingly. I have no interest in wasting money. It's just that right now I need a bigger screen and better battery life.

I use my phone to browse the internet, read ebooks, make calls, run my business, view excel spreadsheets, listen to music, watch movies, take pictures and videos. I do not play games and I have no interest in that whatsoever.

I want my phone to have a minimum screen size of 5 inches. I want the screen to be good quality as well.

What do you guys recommend? Please help me out. I've been reading Flipkart reviews and they're very confusing. For example, the new Karbonn phone - the S5 Titanium got criticized for it's Qualcomm Quad Core processor because it's not as good as the MediaTek processor. I'm not sure how to interpret all this because first I'm not a tech guy at all and additionally I thought Qualcomm is what Samsung uses so I'm really lost here.

Please help me out, guys.

Thank you in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones