• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advice

JesseBanks

Someone gave me this phone with a busted screen and digitizer...it costs 35$ to buy it and I'm tempted to fix this phone and use it...I have an lg Leon now...so my question...is it worth it? How good and how long can I use this phone and is it a better phone than those blu phones ? Any really good stable custom ROMs? Your thoughts will be appreciated :-)

I've used this phone for the past 1.75 years and have had no issues at all. Going forward, you will need to root to get a higher OS than 4.4.4 KitKat. Personally I don't require the latest chipset and the 2Gb RAM and 16Gb ROM are common among the newer phones out today.

I think you have to determine the max $ you want to put into it. Keep in mind you can get a ZMax 2 for about $60 at BB if they are still available.

I've used this phone for the past 1.75 years and have had no issues at all. Going forward, you will need to root to get a higher OS than 4.4.4 KitKat. Personally I don't require the latest chipset and the 2Gb RAM and 16Gb ROM are common among the newer phones out today.

I think you have to determine the max $ you want to put into it. Keep in mind you can get a ZMax 2 for about $60 at BB if they are still available.

Thanks I went ahead and bought another screen and digitizer...some screen protectors...I think this phone is better than a lot of phones out now so I'm going to chance it for 40$...I would go ahead and buy a zmax pro or zmax 2 but for some reason I hate waiting for development on new phones...I usually purchase phones based on how far ahead root and custom ROMs are available...thanks again !!!

Back
Top Bottom