• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root After resurrecting nookcolor with cm7 unable to install cm10 or 11

Modman

Android Enthusiast
Are any living people still supporting this device. If so much thanks.
I am using a twrp boot sd 2.0.32 twrp encore on a 32 gig sandisk sd that I am planning to format if I can ever get cm11 or cm10 installed. cm11 milestone failed out. during install from zip right away. so i figured cm10 milestone would be good enough. it starts the install and then freezes at updating partition details with 3 dots ...
I just want to get a semi modern os on this flamin thing so it will work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks I may try that when I get the 5 buck 2 gig sd I ordered from amazon.
update I successfully flashed cm 10.13 with the twrp version I mentioned. It logged me into google play but the playstore failed to connect. the asop keyboard was broken so I flashed a nexus 4 zip 42 keyboard and that fixed it. Will the twrp version allow me to make a backup image to the 2 gig sd? probably a good idea to backup the jb rom i just flashed so I can restore the backup in case cm11 doesn't flash. I could live with jb if I could fix the playstore even though kk would be better. Have you gotten kk encore to flash successfully on your nook color? I ordered another cheap 2gig sd because I never got recovery to flash directly on the device. it is tedious to flash a recovery image to the 32 gig card and reflash it over when done if all my data is there. Ive always used a spare bootable sd with a recovery image.

Last edited:
You can use TWRP to backup to your SD Card. I personally don't have this device but I've helped people with similar problems. Good luck hopefully updating TWRP does the trick.

As for the Play Store issue have you tried flashing different Gapps and where the date and time correct when you tried using the Play Store?

I corrected the date and time. I got a corny message when jb first booted saying if setup wasnt done then and there nothing would work. keyboard was broken so I had to click skip since there was no way to type. I flashed nexus 4 keyboard and disable aosp keyboard and that fixed the keyboard. I may try to flash a different version of gapps. Which gapps goes with cm 10.1.3? a link would be helpful. I figure when the small sd arrives I might either try to find correct gapps to flash. I wish someone could attest to which version of twrp sd card version works with cm11 or better to use cwm? in any event I should try to get a backup nandroid of what I have so far. ?Its possible that If I could fix gapps I'd have a working tablet. Another idea is would dirty flashing newer versions of jellybean fix anything if they wouldn't flash outright? Taking a nandroid backup is a must so even if I can't get kitkat working id still be able to restore what I have working so far.

Found another set of gapps for 8/12/13 one day earlier than one I used. make a nandroid then flash. hit or miss on a 5 year old ereader turned tablet. if it fixes it be satisfied or get newer twrp and give cm11 another go.

Back
Top Bottom