• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [All Carriers][ROM][4.4.4] ViperOneM8 | Android 4.4.4 Sense 6.0 - HTC One M8

The red letter text... any thing I need to know before removing it? Already Nanded up.

BTW, anyone using an auto Nandroid utility of some sort?

Thanks, guys. The help is always appreciated.

You're just just going to patch the tampered flag yourself in the bootloader, yes?

Can't help on the auto nandroid.

Upvote 0
Yep... just concerned with the red text.

Understand - just making sure that you're using scotty's simple method and not doing the actual text edit / bootloader replacement.

We didn't it the second way on the LTEvo, but now we have scotty's way and I think it's better.

Upvote 0
OK, thanks. I'm waiting for it to finish with a new restore. I'll update in a bit.

Failed to restore on a previous update. Trying the one from 7-15, which did work in that endless loop scenario mentioned above.

7-15-14 nandroid successfully restored, but it keeps looping to the white screen with green htc. It goes to that screen, stays there for a bit, goes black, goes back to white screen, etc. etc.

This is truly frustrating, to say the least.

Upvote 0
hi guys
has there been an update?
have seen some posts on g+ about update issues

To stock ANDROID,yes,now sitting on 4.4.4
HTC is pushing 4.4.3,which has all the goodies from 4.4.4 baked-in to their version.
That will get us to ANDROID L,whenever that hits the street.

However,as for the VIPER ROM on the M8,still at 4.4.2:
If there's been an update to VIPER ROM,it's not on the TEAM VENOM website:

Home - Team Venom

HTC One M8 - Team Venom

Reactions: dan55
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones