• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root All Things ICS

Running BACKside Edition [RC1] going okay, but I'm finding some apps aren't compatible yet. Foursquare and Keyring both will not install. There was another app I found last night, but it was 2am and I was just trying to get my mobile working.

Foursquare is one I use a lot, so I probably will be reverting to the 11022011 build of BACKside.

Okay, it turns out this was because the ROM wasn't signed. It had nothing to do with 4.0 or 2.3 or 2.2.

Running BACKside Edition [RC1] going okay, but I'm finding some apps aren't compatible yet. Foursquare and Keyring both will not install. There was another app I found last night, but it was 2am and I was just trying to get my mobile working.

Foursquare is one I use a lot, so I probably will be reverting to the 11022011 build of BACKside.

Did flashing the ROM to your phone register as a completely different phone or was it the same? For example, going from stock to BACKside, Amazon's App Store recognized my phone with BACKside as a new phone. I want to try out that ROM, but I don't want to risk adding an additional device to my Amazon Device List, since they only allow a couple of installs of apps to a certain number of devices.

i figured that it would be the same since its built on top of BACKside, but I just want to double check.

I also ran the RC1, but ended up going back to 11-2 with my theme instead. Just isn't quite there yet. I like the status bar icons from RC1 though, wonder if i can put them in my theme.
I always use gesture down to show notifications, but on the ICS Launcher, it doesn't work, always opens the app drawer instead. Also noticed there was a lot of lag on the lockscreen.

From what I'm reading this isn't 4.0, it is still just 2.3 heavily skinned and scripted to act like ICS. I'm going to go back to 1102, possibly 1017.

From what I'm reading this isn't 4.0, it is still just 2.3 heavily skinned and scripted to act like ICS. I'm going to go back to 1102, possibly 1017.

Ya, it was just basically some dude putting together all the apps that can make your OV look like it has ICS and zipping them up in one neat package with backside so u don't have to download the apps and install individually.

Does anybody know where i can find the ICS Status Bar icons for download?

Did flashing the ROM to your phone register as a completely different phone or was it the same? For example, going from stock to BACKside, Amazon's App Store recognized my phone with BACKside as a new phone. I want to try out that ROM, but I don't want to risk adding an additional device to my Amazon Device List, since they only allow a couple of installs of apps to a certain number of devices.

i figured that it would be the same since its built on top of BACKside, but I just want to double check.
Sorry, I started doing a restore of my nand backup before I was this question. You can flash and then check if it added a new device before installing anything to it.

I also ran the RC1, but ended up going back to 11-2 with my theme instead. Just isn't quite there yet. I like the status bar icons from RC1 though, wonder if i can put them in my theme.
I always use gesture down to show notifications, but on the ICS Launcher, it doesn't work, always opens the app drawer instead. Also noticed there was a lot of lag on the lockscreen.

That ICS Launcher is the only thing that really keeps me away from that ROM. It takes up screen real estate which is very important to me. i would much rather just use the ICS theme and apply it using Theme Chooser.

Back
Top Bottom