• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Alright Guys I need some help!

I got a commando a month or so ago and rooted it no problem but had issues with the phone so I sent it in for a replacement and the replacement has Gingerbread. Gingerbread seems faster than my rooted de-bloated phone I had before and gets better scores on the benchmark so I cant wait to get this thing rooted and de-bloated to see how it performs..

I can not figure out how to root this thing, I think it is the command prompt that I am not doing right.. I had everything downloaded but deleted most of it last night just to start from scratch with your advice..

Any and all help is appreciated,

Never mind... I just re-downloaded the one click way and it appears to have worked fine this time.. I don't know exactly what I did but for it to take a few seconds when I spent hours the other night trying to figure it out kinda blows my mind...

Now lets do some de-bloating..

In my experience there gain from debloating 2.3.3 is very small.
It's almost as if they designed it this way.
Debloating 2.2.1 yielded a good boost.

Rafael: I did find that wiping the dalvik cache in recovery really helped with the stutter & lag. I suppose it gets junked up after a while.

Thanks, but I have wiped the Dalvik regularly since I first found the feature.
Still want to go back to 2.2.1. :)

Back
Top Bottom