• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alter Google account to use my own IMAP server

• Thread starter Thread starter Fred Leeflang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    gmail
F

Fred Leeflang

Hi folks,

My domain was once hosted on Google Apps as I received my email there. Later on I've changed this to my own mailserver.

I have a Nexus 5 which asked me for my Google Account username. I guess somehow it sees that there's an email account associated with that account and it then connects that to the mail program on my phone as it does with pretty much all other Google apps associated with that Google account.

I would like to let the Inbox for that account be connected to my own IMAP/SMTP server however, but I can't add it as an IMAP account (it says duplicate username then as the username myemail@mydomain.com is already configured to be the username from my Google account.

The mail I see in the mail program is therefore not my current mail but the years-old mail sitting on the gmail servers. How do I change this, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fred Leeflang

Hi Fred, welcome to Android Forums.
You could try to add you own server account as a second account. Once that is set, you an delete te Gmail account.
I hope this works :)

You could always try another (not being Gmail) app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom