• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Am I muted?

Something is wrong with my Motorola e5 . I can here music and phone calls but nobody can here me talk unless I use my head phones. What is going on?
was this all of a sudden? did this happen after an update? did you drop the phone? maybe try it in safe mode. if it still happens in safe mode, then maybe a factory reset is in store.

Upvote 0
It happened one other time. I don't know alot about phones but I actually suspect that my phone has been screwed with. I think somebody else is getting my messages and voicemails. I'm gonna try safe mode
if that is the case then i would setup two step verification on all accounts where applicable. also i would change your passwords as well.

Reactions: tommo47
Upvote 0
Hello @FiHaSp5, welcome to Android Forums :).

So, when/if you use use your headphones everything is ok, so for some reason your microphone is not functioning. Do you use your headphone jack much?

A simple first step would be to plug in then unplug your headphones a few times in quick succession and see if that has any effect. It may be nothing more than a sticky switch.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones