• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Drive app or Amazon Photo app?

James_Watson

Android Enthusiast
Hi,

I am getting confused by the names. It seems that sometimes the Amazon cloud storage is named as Amazon Drive while the other time it is named as Amazon Photo.
Are they just the same thing? :rob:

Thank you in advance.

I think they are different - I think you can store photos in the Amazon Drive app but it's more like dropbox or google drive and can consume everything. It looks like Amazon Photos just stores photos - and it allows unlimited storage to Prime members for photos (videos have a storage limit).

I think they are different - I think you can store photos in the Amazon Drive app but it's more like dropbox or google drive and can consume everything. It looks like Amazon Photos just stores photos - and it allows unlimited storage to Prime members for photos (videos have a storage limit).

Thanks.
But when I clicked the link 'Get the Amazon Drive app' in web page of Amazon Drive on my Windows PC, I was navigated to a page about Amazon Photos Desktop App downloading.
In that web page, there was also a link 'Download Amazon Photos for iOS and Android'.

The screenshot is as below.
Difference_Amazon Drive vs Amazon Photos.png

So, I am confused that the Amazon Drive app is the same as Amazon Photo app or not. o_O

Last edited:
they are two different apps:
View attachment 143605

as you can see under suggested apps you can see the amazon photo icon as well.....so they are two different things.
Yes, I see. They are different apps available on Google Play.
But why will it navigate to Amazon Photos downloading web page when I click the link 'Get the Apps' in the web page of Amazon Drive? :(

Back
Top Bottom