• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root An open request regarding NFC and custom roms

whoshotjr2006

Android Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

I need someone who extensively uses NFC to pull some logcats and dmesgs for me.

Prerequisites:

-You have an nfc tag you can use to test with, multiple from different vendors would be ideal but ill take what I can get.
-You know how to pull a logcat and dmesg from your phone while problems with NFC are happening
-You use NFC for more than just android beam that is already working
-If you use wallet or some form of nfc payment, make sure you look through your logcat first before posting it so you dont post something you dont want others having.

I dont care which custom rom you use, but for now it will have to be a kitkat based one since CM12.1 has no nfc at all yet. I need logcats from the problems that are happening with NFC or I cannot fix it. Also please post the steps you took to run into problems so that I could possibly replicate them if needed.

If anyone can fit the above bill please get logcats/dmesgs of the problems and post them here. The more you guys can help me the more NFC gets fixed.

Thanks!

I had issues with NFC so here you go, logcat attached and below is the full summary of what I tried to do.

Issue: Google Wallet NFC payment failed

What occurred: Went to a Walgreens and tried to make a Google Wallet NFC payment. Despite trying to reposition the phone and a couple of taps there were no pop ups, any apparent notification, or anything.

Expected behaviour: Upon NFC tap Google Wallet should have opened and prompted for pin entry then payment which worked with stock LG Volt ZV5 operating system

Operating System: CyanogenMod 11 CAF 061315 Build by whoshotjr2006

Logcat taken with Catlog app, Google Play Link

EDIT: Quick glance, I don't think was any personal information but please let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom