• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An opportunity... :-)

JB in AZ

Android Expert
Hey all you Hero root regulars! I have been thinking for some time that our Sprint HTC Hero section "how to root" stickies are getting kind of out of date and disjointed. Not too many folks need to do the old "copy and paste" via command prompt method (Android 1.5), although it should be included, and there are a few "one click methods" now as well. I think we should do a sticky update and make things easier for new folks to find.

So here is an opportunity for you to submit to me via PM, a prototype of the your suggestions for the new, concise "How to Root the Sprint HTC Hero" sticky...

There is no guarantee that your submission will be used in its entirety, or at all, but let's see what our Hero community can come up with. :D

What do you say? :)

Let's make an informal deadline of Monday 2/21 (night) for submissions.

Feel free to discuss this here, but please DO NOT post your submission in this thread. ;)

That sounds like an excellent idea. I actually thought about taking screen shots to show people exactly what needs to be done, especially when wiping in recovery.

Check this link that I created which is in the Stickie of this section, it has a lot of what your looking for, "Lots useful root info"

Hey all you Hero root regulars! I have been thinking for some time that our Sprint HTC Hero section "how to root" stickies are getting kind of out of date and disjointed. Not too many folks need to do the old "copy and paste" via command prompt method (Android 1.5), although it should be included, and there are a few "one click methods" now as well. I think we should do a sticky update and make things easier for new folks to find.

So here is an opportunity for you to submit to me via PM, a prototype of the your suggestions for the new, concise "How to Root the Sprint HTC Hero" sticky...

There is no guarantee that your submission will be used in its entirety, or at all, but let's see what our Hero community can come up with. :D

What do you say? :)

Let's make an informal deadline of Monday 2/21 (night) for submissions.

Feel free to discuss this here, but please DO NOT post your submission in this thread. ;)

Back
Top Bottom