• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 13 suddenly started using Dolphin browserg a lot of data...?

I have noticed recently that Android 13 started using a lot data the past few weeks. My phone has used almost 6GB's of data. Not sure why since I am not doing anything very data intensive. Have also noticed that Android did away with the view all app permissions . I switched all my apps to ask permission.

I agree, you might want to look into the Dolphin Browser app instead. Upgrading to 13 might not be a direct cause to your data increase problem but more incidental. Dolphin developers haven't release an update for over a year (Aug. 2021). It might be just some quirky incompatibility issue popping up between an outdated app and the newer OS version.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en_US&gl=US

I used to use Dolphin for many years, till I got some warnings about it here. I dumped it but still miss how it is set up. I tried a bunch of browsers to replace it. The one that I found which is most similar to using Dolphin is Opera.

Danny

Correction Dolphin is only used 298 mb's. None of my other apps are using that much data. I wonder if there is hidden server for spam on my phone....?

I have noticed recently that Android 13 started using a lot data the past few weeks. My phone has used almost 6GB's of data. Not sure why since I am not doing anything very data intensive. Have also noticed that Android did away with the view all app permissions . I switched all my apps to ask permission.

Back
Top Bottom