• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 Question

dandm4life

Android Enthusiast
On the palm pre it (sometimes) was able to be plugged into a stereo through the headphones jack and could do music (via 3rd party software or the music player) and nav at the same time. If the nav kicked in, the music would dim and the nav would give directions. Then, if you got a call (again, sometimes) you could use your car speakers along with the speakerphone mic to take the call. Is this possible on the android platform?

sorry to bump my own thread, but does anyone have an answer to this or have an android 2.1 phone they can try it out on?

That would depend on the app not the OS, while technically possible to do on Android the application would be doing the dimming and pausing not the OS, but a simply hook of the caller or the mp3 player is all that would be required from the OS. My moment is running the DD10 2.1 Eclair rom.

Edit: Not sure if I read that right if you're asking if Android comes with something like that built in no not at the moment but it wouldn't be that hard for a GPS app maker to do.

Back
Top Bottom