• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1-update1 to Android 2.2

as of rite now you would have to root your phone and install a custom rom... there is a lot of info online about it.. just search Rooting MytouchSlide ..

If you want 2.2 either root it and install it or sell your phone and buy a newer version phone. I have given up on T-Mobile updating it. I had rooted mine and installed 2.2 but went back to 2.1update1 because I didn't like 2.2. You may like 2.2, I honestly didn't because I liked the HTC sense look and feel. Without it, it is very boring. The only redeeming factor was saving apps to SD card and most you couldn't run if they were saved to SD card.

So i'm waiting for the official update. Hopefully it's better, if not, i am selling and either going back to iPhone or preferably buying a Nexus S.

Rooting isn't reliable. My phone became bricked after 3 months of running smooth. It was crap after rooting. Everything force closed.

All right we get it you (allegedy) bricked your phone by rooting it. How long do we have to hear about it in every thead?

Back
Top Bottom