• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android 2.3 sim initializing, please wait error

D

Deleted User

Hi,

Every time I edit a contact saved on a SIM card, "SIM initializing, please wait" error appears. Any idea how to fix this? I can't even copy or move the contact to phone. I have 200 contacts to move from SIM to phone. I'm using Android 2.3.

Thanks.

Yes, I sync. But you see I have around 200 contacts that are on my SIM. The reason that I have these contacts on my SIM is that if ever I transfer to a non-smartphone, I can still send message to those contacts. What I want to do is copy from SIM to Gmail/Phone but I'm getting that error.

Upvote 0
That works! :)
However it doesn't recognized contacts that are already there. It just created another entry. I also tried importing one contact four times, it appeared four times on Gmail :) . I guess I have to manually merge and remove duplicates via Gmail.

Thank you.

Hey MM - just found something that may help you...

Importing, exporting and sharing contacts

Let me know if you are able to do the transfer :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones