• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.4.4 out on the Z 'soon'

It appears that it's going to be going out as firmware 10.5.1.A.0.283, which has recently been certified (Link to PTCRB site: https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=22706).

No official word from Sony, yet, but I would think that it will be out within a month or so.

I am hopeful that the upcoming version will fix the battery and location services issues I'm having on 4.4.2.

Well, I got it the other night (o2, UK). Haven't noticed anything major beyond the stock android browser being removed entirely. Annoying. :mad:

I should also mention that, after tweaking chrome this way and that, it doesn't render pages correctly at all. Half the text (eg on the BBC news site) comes out huge, the rest, tiny and unreadable. Even after double tapping/zoom or setting text sizes. I do not see why they did away with the stock browser, I never had any problems with it. :confused:

I have an unlocked Xperia Z that is still showing as 4.4.2 in the about phone details. However if I check through OTA or PC Companion it says my OS is up to date.

Is there any other way I can possibly update my phone to 4.4.4?

Thanks

I have an unlocked Xperia Z that is still showing as 4.4.2 in the about phone details. However if I check through OTA or PC Companion it says my OS is up to date.

In the UK? Welcome to the "any day now" club. :(

Generic firmwares are usually the last to be released as they have to include any carrier-specified changes that show up during testing. The 3 firmware is still to be released so we may have a while to go yet.

Thanks for the comments. I'll just wait it out I think. My Z is working well at the moment ( Thats jinxed it!!;) ) so why risk screwing it up

It shouldn't be long much longer; 10.5.1.A.0.283 has already been released for the unlocked 4G-enabled Tablet Z which uses identical hardware.

Back
Top Bottom