• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 6 radio alarm won't activate

rgs

Nov 10, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
I can't get the radio alarm clock to activate in the morning. It turns on the screen but I have to log on to the phone before it starts playing which rather defeats the purpose. I've tried several radio alarm clock programs. Set them to ignore battery optimizations, the lock screen to show all notifications and set the apps to priority mode but nothing seems to make any difference. No way to get out of Doze in Android 6.
A bit difficult to check because if I set the radio to come on in 10 minutes or so it works fine. It appears to be Doze that interferes as far as I can see.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I'd prefer to wake up to the news. After posting the above I corresponded with Neil at Tunein Radio, the 4th radio app I'd tried and I'd like to say his support is great. He eventually suggested I just restart the phone and that appears to have fixed the problem. I was darkly suspicious that Google had somehow broken the functionality with the Marshmallow update but evidently not. It's working well now.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with Alarm Clock Extreme. Doze, indeed, stops most alarm programs from working, except Google's Alarm. (Funny how that works.) Most of the app developers are working to bring their apps in line with Marshmallow. I was told to make sure my alarm shows on the Notification bar. If it doesn't, it is not going to work. I'm just curious as to why they put in a "Ignore Battery Optimizations" box if it is ignored.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones