• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android alarm help!

Craneum

Lurker
I often use my phone's built in alarm clock to wake me up, but ever since I switched to an Android phone I have been having some issues. See, I will go into the built in clock app and set the alarms and turn them on. Yet, I notice that sometimes when I am using my phone the alarms have been deactivated. I can tell because the clock symbol appears along with signal strength and batter in the status bar at the top and then it will disappear.

Why does this keep happening? I can't risk them deactivating during the night and not going off in the morning.

Does anyone know what is going wrong or how to fix this?

My guess is you are using some type of task killer and it is auto-killing your alarm clock app.

download alarm clock plus, 100% reliable, even with task killers, i had trouble with the default alarm as well...

I haven't downloaded a task killer; the only thing I have is the task manager thing that was preloaded from Samsung

There is apparently an app or widget that is not playing nice with your alarm. Some suspects would be any background updating app/widget such as weather, news, etc, or a syncing app such as Facebook.

I'd clear data and cache on all updating apps/widgets, do the same on the alarm, reboot then reconfigure the alarm.

I've moved your thread for you to the Samsung Continuum forum.

Back
Top Bottom