• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Email App

RonSH

I use the email app for my POP3 account which is also on my pc using Windows Live Mail. When I delete the email from my tablet Inbox and then Delete, it does not stay 'deleted' but reappears later as a new mail to the Inbox. However, if I delete from my pc Inbox and delete from the server (using the pc Deleted Items) the email does not reappear on my tablet.

The tablet Email Settings include:
Delete Email forever ... When I delete from Inbox.
(But this just sends the email to the tablet Deleted Items which I also then delete)
Synch Frequency ... Never
(I understand that you cannot Synch POP3)

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Ron

Thanks for your reply. Correct, WLM is the email app on my pc that I use for all my email accounts including the POP3 mentioned.
Ron

Thanks for your message. I have decided to stop this app and install K9 instead. This solved the problem and it seems to be a good flexible app.
Ron

Thanks for your message. I have decided to stop this app and install K9 instead. This solved the problem and it seems to be a good flexible app.
Ron

Hmm, I thought that I had stopped this Gmail App but it still seems to 'report'.
Can it be stopped so that Gmail on my tablet is only serviced by the K9 app?

Can you disable the GMail app? Settings > Apps > All, select GMail and disable? I uninstall it myself, so can't check, but you need to root to do that.

Hi There, as i can't post yet in the right category i still hope somebody can help me.

From my work i have iPhone5 (shit happens...) but when i try to send calendar invites to my wife, or myself, the Gmail app does not display any attachment in the invite. When you go to web e-mail there is an .ics attachment which can be opened on the laptop...

I personally also own a Asus Memopad HD7 (4.2.2 with Gmail version 4.9) and my wife a Sony Z2 (4.4.4 with Gmail version 4.9)

I have tried several ICS bridges... but the point is (i guess) that the gmail does not show the attachment at all...

Any sugestions? thanks in advance.

Regards, JW

Can you disable the GMail app? Settings > Apps > All, select GMail and disable? I uninstall it myself, so can't check, but you need to root to do that.
Solved. Reinstalled the app and then disabled it.
I don't have root... not smart enough
Thanks
Ron

Back
Top Bottom