• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Forums is at RISK- Save Net Neutrality Before 12/14/17!

D

Deleted User

Today i wanted to talk to you guys about Net Neutrality and what's it for?

Net Neutrality is a law the prevents ISP's from blocking & Control what you do online like their our pearents and we are the kids, only Net Neutrality can save us from paying mor then we actually pay for.

So how will this affect us if Neet Neutrality get's Removed?

Well if your a Developer you may wonder how this affects you?...With Net Neutrality Gone ISP's will force block all cloud based sites including OTA Services like romhut etc this can lead to the extinction of Custom ROMS, Apps & More Don't be the one not to care..Don't be the one that thinks it won't Affect you because it does!

As you can see ISP's will block everything and force you to pay more that has very little sites and more you want more you have to pay, most popular websites including streaming services are affected the most as ISP's will be allowed to decrease the speed making them unuseable to do anything making the internet the worst thing on the planet, advertisers who also depend on the internet will cease to exsist Don't Let Congress WIN SAVE Net Neutrality!

Go to: https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Or Sign The Petition:https://www.change.org/p/save-net-neutrality-netneutrality

See More Info About Net Neutrality in a Video By ThioJoe Below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ja all these ****ing gubermints need to be set on fire!!

**** them all to HELL!

They are just scum

I am sick of them and all their evil shit like insane taxes and never ending garbage suffocating us all to DEATH
Except the problem here isn't the government per se, it's the government doing what the big corporations want.

Upvote 0
Except the problem here isn't the government per se, it's the government doing what the big corporations want.

Yes to a certain extent...

But if someone (scum bucket gubbermint) is far too easily influenced by scum (corporations) - then they are dangerous scum themselves or ultimately to blame!

And no I am not talking about the occasional ignorant person who doesn't understand the serious dangers of chemistry and pressure and the disastrous effects that could get everyone killed ... I am talking about a faaaaaar more dangerous kind of creature... dangerous is an understatement...

Now we have our rights been threatened to not access the information we so desire.

Awesome

Now we all need to go and download the tor browser and access the "dark" (more like guiding light they should actually call it!") web before they take that way too!

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Oh, I wasn't arguing that it's ok for a government to be in pockets of the corporations. That's called "oligarchy". A government is supposed to stand up to powerful vested interests, but it's amazing how they can be selective in identifying those.

But at least it's possible to apply pressure to politicians if enough people respond that they feel their chance of re-election is threatened.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
We don't get to control what gets posted by the news scraper bot. :(

this is TRUMP's fault.. and by extension... his supporters / voters!!!!
^^^example A & B why this is in PCA. ;)

Upvote 0
I was scared of losing access to my favorite sites and needing to pay more for different internet packages. I saw the memes, I saw the storms on Reddit and Twitter, and I knew I wanted to do more.

I called my reps in California, where I am registered to vote, and Congresswoman Eshoo’s staffers said that she was on my side and that she was doing everything she could to make sure the Title II regulations that keep net neutrality in place would remain stable. I called the Senators and Congresswoman Clark from MA, since I’m a resident of Cambridge, and they said basically the same thing. I knew I wanted to do more.

I used my favorite political advocacy platform, PurplePatriot to try to find other ways to get involved. I knew I would need to be creative, since my reps were already on my side, so I started with their writeup of the RedHot Issues, of which Net Neutrality was one.

main-qimg-7f4b550c213c60e6af89305e574f3e0b.webp

I found a linked bill off of that, S993, which was a senate bill in May that would deregulate the FCC’s Title II authority, basically eliminating Net Neutrality in the same way FCC Chair Ajit Pai is trying to do by Dec. 14th. According to GovTrack, the bill has less than a 2% chance of passing, but I figured that by looking at who supported this bill, I could determine who was likely to support Chairman Pai’s efforts.

main-qimg-366f23999b792c3649b4a7b35626f6bf.webp

I would call all of the bill’s sponsors and cosponsors, and urge them to change their stance and keep Net Neutrality as is.

PurplePatriot listed all the sponsors and cosponsors, with links to their page in the app that showed their committee assignments and a ‘Voice’ page with buttons to contact them on Facebook, Twitter, or with a phone call.

main-qimg-8bebff390c5653380e5afeea54b4471a.webp

I pressed the button to call the bill’s sole sponsor, Senator Mike Lee from Utah and was connected to his DC office.

main-qimg-a43db0d1dc16230d9f455f6e582389af.webp

“Hi, I’m David, calling from Massachusetts. I know Senator Lee doesn’t represent me directly, but I saw that he sponsored S993 in May -- I wanted to reach out to urge him to change his stance on Net Neutrality and keep the current protections.”

The staffer was very positive and helpful, and said that she would let the Senator know. I decided to ask directly how he viewed out of district calls.

“He takes them very seriously, because he knows that the policies he enacts in the Senate affect everybody, not just his constituents in Utah.”

That was a good sign -- maybe calling these people would actually make a difference. I went back to the list in PurplePatriot and started calling the 11 cosponsors. I quickly started to notice some similarities: They were all Republicans from red or purple states, and many had seats on the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, the committee that has jurisdiction over “legislation relating to communications” including cell phones and the internet. Since this committee has held oversight hearings on the FCC in the past, and since Net Neutrality is an issue relating directly to the internet, senators on this committee were bound to have a greater influence on the issue.

Another shared similarity was that every single staffer I spoke to said basically the same thing in regards to out of district calls: They were valued and relayed to the Senator, although of course constituent calls carried more weight. Senator Inhofe (R-OK)’s staffer said that he especially welcomed out of district calls on issues that would have a big national effect, like Net Neutrality. None of the staffers said that their office rejected out of district comments.

An hour in, I really felt like I was on the way to making a difference. I had to call a few offices more than once, but I eventually talked to a staffer in ten of twelve senators’ offices, and left a message for the only two I couldn’t reach: Senators Cornyn and Cruz from Texas. It didn’t take that much time or effort to make these calls, and I truly believe that more action like this, using platforms like PurplePatriot, is what will save Net Neutrality ahead of the December 14th decision.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones