• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android forums is convuluted.....

While we're on the topic... are there any additional sorts we should add to the (All / New / Hot)? Any additional links to the Quickjump dropdown?

In the absence of a handy link on the site itself, I've bookmarked that link in the browser toolbar. No big deal I guess.
This takes you to that URL :p
upload_2019-7-24_9-46-17.png

I totally understand why new posts were removed from the homepage, but I do think that a minor tweak is required to make it perfect...

Before we could click on the the Home link in the sidebar no matter where we were on a page to go back to new posts. Now, if we are at the bottom of the page, the 'what's new' link at the top doesn't show unless you go back to the top.

The simple solution to this is to do what most major sites and even small blogs do. Add a 'back to top' floating button on the bottom right corner of the site. Or add the 'what's new' link to the sidebar.

While we're at it, it's about time we get a toggle to switch from light to dark theme. We have been requesting this for a long time now. This is quite easy to do (I know because I've done it).

Anyways, In the spirit of open source, I'm willing to post some code samples here for the requests made above if it would help get the ball rolling.

I totally understand why new posts were removed from the homepage, but I do think that a minor tweak is required to make it perfect...

Before we could click on the the Home link in the sidebar no matter where we were on a page to go back to new posts. Now, if we are at the bottom of the page, the 'what's new' link at the top doesn't show unless you go back to the top.

The simple solution to this is to do what most major sites and even small blogs do. Add a 'back to top' floating button on the bottom right corner of the site. Or add the 'what's new' link to the sidebar.

While we're at it, it's about time we get a toggle to switch from light to dark theme. We have been requesting this for a long time now. This is quite easy to do (I know because I've done it).

Anyways, In the spirit of open source, I'm willing to post some code samples here for the requests made above if it would help get the ball rolling.
That has my vote also..

Why is there no "quick jump" drop down box in the home page? That would help alot as well.

I could see this being useful for mobile users, but probably not on desktop since the sidebar shows all the same links as the 'quick jump'.

I also think the homepage is being turned into a landing page for new users and random traffic where a 'quick jump' by design does not belong.

I could see this being useful for mobile users, but probably not on desktop since the sidebar shows all the same links as the 'quick jump'.

I also think the homepage is being turned into a landing page for new users and random traffic where a 'quick jump' by design does not belong.

Then they should add "What's New" to Quick Jump?

For some of us old users that help out, what's new is where I start but I do go to my (multiple) device forums as well.

Back
Top Bottom