• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android music help

Visphota

Lurker
Heyo! :) I'm new to the Android forums and I just recently signed up(like, two minutes ago recently), and i'm not even sure if I'm doing the right thing, making a thread asking for help or if there's another section, so if i'm doing something wrong please tell me. Anyways, this is my first thread and I need some help to clarify something with my android. I'm not sure what my android phone is, but I think it's ZTE since that's what it says on the back, haha. Anyways, i'm a huge Pokemon geek, and I read somewhere that I can listen to music on my android and with a GPS signal or some sort of thing, it would change when I enter a certain place, making it so that I could play the Pokemon shop music for example when I enter a Walmart or something, and when exiting it'd play the normal outdoor travel music. I don't know if this is true or not so i'd like some clarification on that, and if that's true, first of all that would be SO cool! Second, can anyone explain how? Thanks in advance for the help with this.

I moved your post here for the time being, until we discuss and conclude which exact Model ZTE device you have. Please go to the about phone section in your device and it will tell the model of your device in there.

According to Google your phone is an Avid! ZTE Avid 4G - Full phone specifications

I don't know about built-in apps but I know Tasker gives you the ability to make your phone do all sorts of things based on input.

I used it to make my phone turn into silent mode when my GPS and cell tower location was at work, and it worked a treat - for a while I kept wondering why my music suddenly turned off as I was within sight of the building! So you could do something similar by going to a particular location and saving it as a trigger, and then tell the phone to play the song you want whenever you arrive at that trigger location, and maybe even change to a different song when you move away from that location.

Bear in mind that this is not 100% accurate (you won't hear the music change as soon as you walk in or out of the doors) but you can try to make it as precise as possible by combining all the different location services. However, you might find this to be very draining on the battery if its constantly tracking your location.

You could also tell it turn on your "walking" music when you leave your house, either triggered by GPS location, or by the act of disconnecting from your home wifi.

I hope this was somehow helpful!

Thanks so much, Tattycakes! I can't try it right now, seeing as it's 2:30 in the morning haha, but as soon as I get the chance, I'm going to get right on that. If it works i'll get back to you on that. Thanks again :D

Back
Top Bottom