• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android NOT Samsung

Well Samsung is the overwhelming dominant Android phone manufacturer so it's not surprising there's so much Samsung bias online. But for the most part I just ignore the fluff and scroll down a search results listing, or be more judicious and start every search starting with the phone model I'm looking for info about.

Not 100% convinced of alleged Samsung global dominance but the fact is search term Android should return not just Samsung; iPhone is IOS, unique to Apple, fair enough.
Have wasted so much time scrolling!
Thanks for your reply but I was wondering if there was a way to EXCLUDE Samsung from all searches?

Not 100% convinced of alleged Samsung global dominance but the fact is search term Android should return not just Samsung; iPhone is IOS, unique to Apple, fair enough.
Have wasted so much time scrolling!
Thanks for your reply but I was wondering if there was a way to EXCLUDE Samsung from all searches?
Forgot - not looking for specific phone information but general searches for any products online.

Not knowing just which search site you prefer, there's likely to be easy way to exclude keywords you specify:
Google
Bing
DuckDuckGo
Otherwise, most search sites have their own ways to exclude keywords/phrases.

HTC was awesome back in the EVO or Thunderbolt days. Sense 3 was the most appealing UI ever made. Then Blinkfeed happened, flat UI happened, and it was downhill since. I got a bit turned off by the M7 and M8, with crappy '3D cameras' and bland UI design. Blinkfeed was another solution to a problem that never existed. It didn't look like Sense anymore.

I got a sort of Sense 3 clone UI on my Z Flip, with the flip clock widget and skeuomorphic icons, and some older Android 2.x apps replacing some of the 'modern' crap, but I doubt I'll ever be able to recreate that awesome lockscreen weather widget with the animations.

Back
Top Bottom