• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Notes

I've had the upgrade to Lollipop and now find I can't access the Notes app. It says I need to sign up for an Evernote account, which I don't want to do.

Why am I being forced to create accounts that I don't want and how can I recover the information in the Notes app?

Thanks for responding.

I've an HTC One (M7). I've checked and I don't have an app called Scribble. Also Notes is prompting me to export my data to Evernote and then doesn't launch when I click "No, thanks", so I have no access to the info stored in the app.

I suppose my frustration is more about the fact that I have been given no opportunity to export the data except to an Evernote Cloud account. I can't even export it to Evernote with a local device profile. I appreciate that the cost model for Android probably relies on attracting 3rd parties to develop apps by getting Android users to use their free, then hopefully premium services, but this kind of thing risks alienating users and pushing them towards a particular fruit, which is no good at all.

I'm trying to search through my storage to see if I can find the data, if it's stored in plain text (unlikely I guess), but if anyone has solved this little conundrum I'd appreciate any advice that can be offered.

Back
Top Bottom