• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android OS Data usage Help?

ebald009

For the past few months I have noticed that my Moto Device usuages roughly 250-600mb of data with cellular and wifi combined what I was wondering is if this is normal. What do you normally see on your device? What is it doing? I have all my backup turned off, and no auto updates. It seems as though the more I use my device for web browsing etc the Android OS data usage goes up. Can anyone provide any insight.

With app updates and email that sounds about right. I'm not a big data user, but i do backup my photos. I will usually use just under 1GB/month.

For the past few months I have noticed that my Moto Device usuages roughly 250-600mb of data with cellular and wifi combined

This seems very conservative to me. I consume a heck of a lot more data than that.

I do most of my reading at night in bed on my phone, listen to news podcasts everyday, Spotify music, and lots of browsing. On top of this, all the app updates, and backups. I've seen my data go over 9GB.

Back
Top Bottom