• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android OS stays awake

The android os can't get into a deep sleep, does anyone know how to fix this issue. I've tried factory reset, cache wipes, no effect. Thanks.

pEniZ.png
 
Mine started doing that after the ICS upgrade. So far I don't know how to fix it.
 
Then the most likely culprit is an app that's staying awake ... but that can be difficult to track down. You say "it became worse again". You might try removing any apps that were added since the problem started.

Also, I assume you've done a shut down and battery pull? I have seen cases (on other phones) where the radio hardware gets "stuck", and the only way to really do a hard reset is to pull the battery.
 
Mine has been doing this day one after installing ICS in July. So for me, I highly doubt it is an app but rather the core OS.
 
It's not an app its a bug within ICS I have about 5 apps and i'm seeing the same thing..... imagine how much our battery would be if it didn't stay awake so long...
 
I've had my E4GT for a year now. The battery life is pretty bad and I'm still on stock Gingerbread. I've never upgraded to ICS so I don't know if your battery problem is worse but I can never make it through the day and sometimes I'm down to 20% by noon.

I can usually get it to go to deep sleep just by toggling off the screen (tap the power button). CPU Spy verifies this. Just reset the timers in CPU Spy, go back to home and turn off the screen by tapping the power button, wait a bit, then go back to CPU SPY. You'll see if you achieved deep sleep and for how long.

If you think it's an app causing the battery drainage, use GSam Battery Monitor to see which apps are using the most battery. Both CPU Spy and GSam are available on Google Play.
 
I read somewhere that many of the problems people are seeing with the ICS update might be caused because one or many applications you installed when you were using Gingerbread is not working well in ICS.

I also read that if you do a factory reset of Gingerbread BEFORE, not after, installing ICS, that you will have less problems. Has anyone tried the factory reset before installing ICS?
 
Back
Top Bottom