• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android phone related issue

Vamking9893

Lurker
Here I observed some unusual behaviour of my phone when I opened my chrome browser I found that m.youtube.com was opened by its own which i had not opened , is that sign my phone is hacked and remotely monitored?

are you sure it was not something like your butt or something in your pocket opening the phone? i find from time to time mu phone on while it was in my pocket and thus draining my battery. i never once thought that my phone is hacked.

That could indicate any number of things, not necessarily that your phone has been 'hacked'. Does the problem repeat every time you open the Chrome browser app or did it happen just that one time? If it's repeating, have you tried clearing the Chrome browser app's cache? If you have any other browser apps installed do they also show that m.youtube.com site when you start them? Have you tried simply restarting your phone? That often solves any number of one-off glitchy problems.

Here I observed some unusual behaviour of my phone when I opened my chrome browser I found that m.youtube.com was opened by its own which i had not opened , is that sign my phone is hacked and remotely monitored?
Are you sure you haven't, perhaps accidentally, set m.youtube.com as Chrome's home page?

From Chrome, use its 3-dot menu, go to 'settings' and then 'home page.' Is m.youtube.com there?

That could indicate any number of things, not necessarily that your phone has been 'hacked'. Does the problem repeat every time you open the Chrome browser app or did it happen just that one time? If it's repeating, have you tried clearing the Chrome browser app's cache? If you have any other browser apps installed do they also show that m.youtube.com site when you start them? Have you tried simply restarting your phone? That often solves any number of one-off glitchy problems.
NO, It happened only once.

If it's not something where you can make it happen repeatedly that makes it a lot more difficult to nail down just what might be a problem. If you're thinking that's some indicator that your phone has been 'hacked' than that's not a common one. If, for example, it was a matter where you couldn't reset your Chrome browser app's home page that would be something to look into but there could be any number of very innocuous reasons why that happened.

If it's not something where you can make it happen repeatedly that makes it a lot more difficult to nail down just what might be a problem. If you're thinking that's some indicator that your phone has been 'hacked' than that's not a common one. If, for example, it was a matter where you couldn't reset your Chrome browser app's home page that would be something to look into but there could be any number of very innocuous reasons why that happened.
If any professional hacker has IMEI number and PHONE NUMBER of my phone. Then is it a possibility that it is done by that hacker.

There are a lot of urban legends about IMEI numbers. The thing that would give the most direct access to your phone, apart from physically getting their hands on it, is your Google account. The overwhelming majority of hacks come via the Google account or someone getting their hands on the phone.

The problem is that "professional hacker" is an extreme explanation for a single instance of the YouTube site opening. Simpler ones, such as your having touched a link at the end of your last Chrome session, should be considered first (you inadvertently, probably unknowingly, touch a link on the page just before switching apps/leaving the app, and when you re-enter Chrome it starts off by doing what it thinks is the last thing you asked it to do).

And of course there's always the question of why a "professional hacker" should be opening YouTube pages on your phone? If they were "monitoring" you they'd surely want to keep a low profile rather than doing something random like this?

Last edited:
If any professional hacker has IMEI number and PHONE NUMBER of my phone. Then is it a possibility that it is done by that hacker.
the only thing imei can really do is just clone another phone and consume your data. it also could be used to locate your phone and knoiw your location. imei cannot be used to physically get into your phone for spying or anything like that.

and just curious why do you think someone has your imei?

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3268904/android-security-facts.html
Unless there is some evidence that hasn't been mentioned that indicates your phone has been compromised in some way, it's unlikely it has. But if you're that nervous it has, back up your saved data to a PC, scan all those files/data thoroughly with a valid, reputed anti-virus/anti-malware utility, do a Factory Reset of phone, and then restore your data. It's a bit of a cumbersome task but your options are to either feel anxious and nervous every time you use your phone, or to take steps to clean it up. Or buy a new phone.

There are a lot of urban legends about IMEI numbers. The thing that would give the most direct access to your phone, apart from physically getting their hands on it, is your Google account. The overwhelming majority of hacks come via the Google account or someone getting their hands on the phone.

The problem is that "professional hacker" is an extreme explanation for a single instance of the YouTube site opening. Simpler ones, such as your having touched a link at the end of your last Chrome session, should be considered first (you inadvertently, probably unknowingly, touch a link on the page just before switching apps/leaving the app, and when you re-enter Chrome it starts off by doing what it thinks is the last thing you asked it to do).

And of course there's always the question of why a "professional hacker" should be opening YouTube pages on your phone? If they were "monitoring" you they'd surely want to keep a low profile rather than doing something random like this?
I GOT IT but is this act possible if someone has my IMEI number?

I GOT IT but is this act possible if someone has my IMEI number?
like i said as other have said having your imei stolen, copied , or used will not allow access to your entire phone. it can only be used to clone to another phone and steal your data consumption (not to be confused with your actual personal data.....this cannot happen with just imei), it can also be used to locate the phone, but that's it.

nothing else can be done to your phone with just the imei number.

Last edited:
like i said as other have said having your imei stolen, copied , or used will not allow access to your entire phone. it can only be used to clone to another phone and steal your data consumption (not to be confused with your actual personal data.....this cannot happen with just imei), it can also be used to locate the phone, but that's it.

nothing else can be done to your phone with just the imei number.
I'm pretty certain that you'd need to clone the SIM to use someone else's data allowance (and that would cause other problems, e.g. who would calls be connected to?). The reason for cloning the IMEI would be because your real one is blacklisted. Of course once detected this would result in the cloned IMEI being blacklisted too, which is why you don't want your IMEI cloned.

Note that I'm talking about GSM networks here (the vast majority worldwide). Cloning a CDMA phone would I believe let you use its allowances, but we don't have those in most countries so I'm not so familiar.

Back
Top Bottom