• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Popularity Growing

Prime85

Android Expert
I found this chart very interesting and i remembered someones post a week ago about if android market will ever be bigger then the iphone app store.

This chart shows android market growing exponentially!!!! :D

graph_only_3-5262354.jpg

I'm not surprised, in my opinion Android is definitely better than iOS. There are so many ways to customize your phone the way you want it. The only thing the iOS is good for is having majority of the 'better' games before Android, but that's what I have my iPod Touch for.

BTW ICS is SO sexy.

well if you want to get technical

Not technical, fact. The reason the amount of downloads is increasing so fast is because there are around 500,000 Android devices activated per day. It's just people downloading the same free apps as always. I expect the Market will start growing once ICS starts to become dominant.

The Android Market will always have more downloads then Apples appStore because theres like 300 different Androids to the one Iphone. (not including the versions just the os)

But an increase in app downloads correlates to an increase in android purchases. Which means android popularity is increasing even if I mispoke with android popularity increasing exponentially. Which it still could be but this graph does not show this as you said.

But an increase in app downloads correlates to an increase in android purchases. Which means android popularity is increasing even if I mispoke with android popularity increasing exponentially. Which it still could be but this graph does not show this as you said.

More downloads does not necessarily translate into more purchases. The most popular apps are free. More downloads/purchases also does not mean the store is growing, since downloading does not increase the app selection.

What does show the popularity of android growing is 52% of all smartphones sold last fiscal quarter were androids. With android selling more then iPhone that means more developers will come to android instead of iPhone. Its all about supply and demand, as android has already surpassed iOS as the most popular OS.

I read somewhere Android holds over 60% of the smart phone and smartphone user market. But thats because the Android OS runs on so many different devices

Back
Top Bottom