• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Studio Example Code

Dev101

Lurker
May 5, 2022
Using MIT App Inventor I modified a Bluetooth example that connects & sends data to a remote device, all pretty straightforward. Grabbed the AIA file from the Internet, loaded it into App Inventor, made changes, built the APK, installed and ran it on my phone – no problems.

Next I downloaded & installed Android Studio, made a basic test program with some buttons & pictures, sent it to my phone over Wifi and everything worked.

Then gave a shot at loading some Bluetooth examples on Android Studio but got lost in the weeds. First tried to directly load a bunch of different APK files but couldn’t get things to work, no Bluetooth connections could be made. Next gave a shot at using GitHub, downloaded a bunch of examples but same thing, couldn’t made a connection to the remote device.

MIT App Inventor makes it easy, only a single AIA files is needed while Android Studio has a bunch of files and directories and I don’t have a clue as to how properly load example code.

How does one know what files go where and into which directories?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones