• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android System Apps from 2008 - Is this normal?

electrik

Lurker
Hello all

I recently got a S10 and when using an app like EZ File Explorer I noticed that I have 379 system apps but only 10 of them have been updated in 2019. The grand majority of them, 369 to be exact, have a modified date of December 31, 2008.

Is this normal or is this some kind of virus? Help would be appreciated.

I am running Android Version 9, Security Patch from 7/1/19, Verizon network with the latest security update 5 installed.

Hello all

I recently got a S10 and when using an app like EZ File Explorer I noticed that I have 379 system apps but only 10 of them have been updated in 2019. The grand majority of them, 369 to be exact, have a modified date of December 31, 2008.

Is this normal or is this some kind of virus? Help would be appreciated.

I am running Android Version 9, Security Patch from 7/1/19, Verizon network with the latest security update 5 installed.
first off ditch ez file explorer:https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...lay-store-possibly-part-of-do-global-scandal/

i would not worry about system apps too much. as long as your device is up to date on updates you are fine.

Thanks for your reply ocnbrze. My main concern isn't the file explorer program. It was just an example. I wanted to know if other S10 users also have system apps modified december 31, 2008 or if this is something I should be worried about. I want to make sure I have the most up to date files. Are most of your system files from 2008?

Hello all

...only 10 of them have been updated in 2019. The grand majority of them, 369 to be exact, have a modified date of December 31, 2008.

Same. Did you ever get an answer?

Wondering if the OP had gotten any insight on the Samsung sys apps with the 2008 install/mod dates.

I have the same finding and discovered that they can't be found in the playstore, can't be opened on the device and a couple redirect to what strike me as sketchy sites that never load all the way.

Screenshot_20200301-154618_Keep Notes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom