• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android System update today 5-24-14 ?

pfoneguy

Just got an "Android System Update" for my Galaxy Victory @109 MB, any idea on what is included? Mine is rooted so I don't want to download it, but the wife's is not but I can't check it out until she gets home?
I take that it will booger up mine if i run the update?

Oh well, it is just the ND4 update "Improved data connection in Alcatel Lucent (ALU) market". :p Sprint must have the date wrong on their updates page, release date showed ND4 5-14-13, so I blew it off? Actually, this might help with our crappy ass call quality, poor data speeds and access to 4G LTE?

There are threads about it in both root forums. The consensus is that it will not install on non-stock phones. And there are no ROMS for this phone that support the update.

Furthermore, it sounds as if there really isn't much of a reason to update. It's still the Jellybean OS. Wake me up when they push a KitKat update.

There are threads about it in both root forums. The consensus is that it will not install on non-stock phones. And there are no ROMS for this phone that support the update.

Furthermore, it sounds as if there really isn't much of a reason to update. It's still the Jellybean OS. Wake me up when they push a KitKat update.
Thanks, I did find that it is being discussed in the Root Forum.

If it can improve my data connection then I am all for it.

Just got an "Android System Update" for my Galaxy Victory @109 MB, any idea on what is included? Mine is rooted so I don't want to download it, but the wife's is not but I can't check it out until she gets home?
I take that it will booger up mine if i run the update?

I got my notice yesterday. It was 88MB. Updated w/o problems , didn't think I could avoid the harassing notifications.

I installed the update and almost everything seemed to work fine.
It rebooted into the recovery, at which point I selected re-boot and then system.

All apps seem to be working except Pandora. It runs, but tells me that it can't find any music on my channels.

It rebooted into the recovery, at which point I selected re-boot and then system.

All apps seem to be working except Pandora. It runs, but tells me that it can't find any music on my channels.

If you're rooted with twrp recovery, it did not update. You need stock recovery. And you don't hit reboot or anything, just hit update and it does.
Then it reboots itself and goes through "optimizing apps" (rebuilding dalvik caches). Then you would have Google drive and Play Music installed as system apps. If that didn't happen, you just rebooted in recovery. So Pandora issue is something else.

i have twrp 263, booted into recovery, chose System and it installed a 89 MB file. Everything works fine. Although I haven't tried Pandora yet, I have the free one...

Applied the update in the Sprint section that has the recovery and root parts disabled (so you get to keep twrp and root).

Not only did it go without a hitch, but the volume bug that has plagued my Sprint handset seems to have been fixed!

Applied the update in the Sprint section that has the recovery and root parts disabled (so you get to keep twrp and root).

Not only did it go without a hitch, but the volume bug that has plagued my Sprint handset seems to have been fixed!
Interesting, it did not fix the in call volume issue with our bone stock Victory?

Yours still does it after the update?
Yes, still has the issue after ND4 update? I have two Sprint Victories and they both have the issue, ridiculous Samsung/Sprint will not address this issue. Why I wanted to go back to ICS, but I read where that had no effect as well?
Why I am hesitant to even update my rooted Victory to ND4 since the update did nothing for the in call volume issue or improve connectivity and we are supposedly in a Lucent market.
I am curious though, it might be worth it if something was triggered going through the steps you did with yours, fixing that issue or at least fixing it so far.

We have a Zact SG Victory and it does not have the in call volume issue.

Yes, still has the issue after ND4 update? I have two Sprint Victories and they both have the issue, ridiculous Samsung/Sprint will not address this issue. Why I wanted to go back to ICS, but I read where that had no effect as well?
Why I am hesitant to even update my rooted Victory to ND4 since the update did nothing for the in call volume issue or improve connectivity and we are supposedly in a Lucent market.
I am curious though, it might be worth it if something was triggered going through the steps you did with yours, fixing that issue or at least fixing it so far.

We have a Zact SG Victory and it does not have the in call volume issue.

Wait, you are hesitant to update because it doesn't fix it, then say that you tried it and it didn't fix it?

I'm going on day #2 and the volume control is still going strong. I try it at least once per phone call just to make sure it is working.

Wait, you are hesitant to update because it doesn't fix it, then say that you tried it and it didn't fix it?

I'm going on day #2 and the volume control is still going strong. I try it at least once per phone call just to make sure it is working.
No, I have two Sprint SG Victories not counting the Zact version, one stock and one rooted. I did the ND4 OTA update on the stock Victory and it did nothing to solve the in call volume issue. I am hesitant to to do the MC1 to ND4 Zip upgrade on the rooted Victory since there was no improvement with either the in call volume issue or with connectivity that the uopdate is actually supposed to help with.
I probably should just try the zip up date on the rooted device and see if it works as it did for you. Since I already did the OTA on the one device it is now @ ND4 so not sure how to approach that.
Thanks

Not sure how anyone got this installed. It errors out when using Twrp to update. Had to use the mg5 zip to update to MG5.. This newest update I can't find anything on how to install. Anyone please? Virgin Mobile Samsung Victory..

Back
Top Bottom