• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android version update possible?

Steve BE

Lurker
Pardon my ignorance. This is my first encounter with "smartphones". I'm much more familiar with systems from PCs to mainframes, at least on the application software side, and a few linux system installations. I know nothing of the Android OS and am afraid of "bricking" my shiny new pest.

The ZTE Z730 (Concord 2) came with Android version 4.3. Attempts to use the built-in update checker show that there are no updates for the phone. I'm concerned that newer Android versions are more secure than the old 4.3 and would like to upgrade the OS. Is it possible on this phone? Has anyone done it successfully?

On a (possibly) unrelated issue:
I was fooling around with the phone's system settings, under "About phone". At the end of the scrollable list is a topic called "Software Version" (shows Z730V1.0.0B19). I tapped on it 4 times and got a warning that I was "4 steps away from being a developer." Needless to say, that scared the heck out of me, so I quit.

Just what would it do if I made myself a "developer" on this phone?

Thanks for any enlightenment you can shed on these matters.

Steve EB

Back
Top Bottom