• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android's Stock Keyboard (Not In Froyo Update)

Would the update.zip file work without root? I don't want to go through the sideloading process again but I don't know of any other way to do it.

Would the update.zip file work without root? I don't want to go through the sideloading process again but I don't know of any other way to do it.

Not sure. The Stock Android keyboard has been deodexed, where as the Froyo update hasn't.

I just need a system dump, so I can test it all out.....

If anybody has tried to set a password for their lock screen, you will see that you enter in the letters with what looks like the stock Android keyboard. Since the keyboard's apk is obviously already in the system, I think this shows that Samsung intentionally removed it as a choice, which is just, iPhone-esque.

If anybody has tried to set a password for their lock screen, you will see that you enter in the letters with what looks like the stock Android keyboard. Since the keyboard's apk is obviously already in the system, I think this shows that Samsung intentionally removed it as a choice, which is just, iPhone-esque.

I haven't been able to look at the files in the ROM as of yet, because I'm waiting for my replacement. I'm in dire need of a system dump....

Back
Top Bottom