• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help annoying ads!

itzpacmann

I keep getting annoying ass ad popups on my phone notification status constantly, and even tho I dismiss them Ive notice sometimes they add shortcuts on my homescreen! How do I get rid of these annoying ass popups?!

I keep getting annoying ass ad popups on my phone notification status constantly, and even tho I dismiss them Ive notice sometimes they add shortcuts on my homescreen! How do I get rid of these annoying ass popups?!

Hello itzpackmann.

It would well be air push. Have a look at the opt out page, then see if the issue is remedied. If not, it'll be time to look deeper at your installed apps/widgets, etc. ;)

Airpush - Mobile Ad Network | Android App Monetization

IIRC, there is an app in the Google Play store that you can install and it will tell you which apps are using AirPush.. this gives you info so you know which apps to uninstall if need be.

No big deal... The ad blockers will still be available outside of the market. So I could care less if google removes them from play store.

No big deal... The ad blockers will still be available outside of the market. So I could care less if google removes them from play store.

yeah adblock plus has a direct apk download on their website. From another article I read the reason Google did it is because of a security risk it causes by changing internet proxy permission.

wow i just checked and ever single ad block app is gone from the market. Google is making a bad decision here. This is as bad as Microsoft coming out with win8 and windows phone.

I use adaway, which shouldn't cause a security risk because all it does is write all the websites that feed ads to /etc/hosts.... hosts is just a list of sites to block. By default, the hosts list is empty.

F-Droid

Google won the battle on a policy technicality, but they will never win the war. Ad blockers are here to stay weather google likes it or not. lol

Funny you should use that emoticon.

I've always wanted to learn that. Just saw the other day they opened a fencing club/school in my little town, right downtown. I thought I might at least go down there and shoot some pics of them fencing.

(A kill should make a neat stop action shot. :D )
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

This is a terrible move by Google. They're slowly becoming one of the companies they used to stand up against. So much for openness. "Things are still open, but within our parameters." :rolleyes:

Yeah it would be like the President saying, you have freedom of speech as long as you agree with me.

Back
Top Bottom