• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying issue with music playing

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered before, did have a quick look but couldn't see anything, I have a rather annoying little quirk.

If I am listening to music on Walkman, I can use the button on the headphones to pause it, but if I leave it anything more than a couple of minutes then I can't use that button again to un-pause it? I have to unlock my screen first, then the button will un-pause it.

Is this normal behaviour? Anyway to change it? Bloody annoying every time someone at work talks to me and I have to pause it, then have to keep unlocking to allow it to play again! :mad:

Any suggestions on what if anything I can do?

Cheers

If I am listening to music on Walkman, I can use the button on the headphones to pause it, but if I leave it anything more than a couple of minutes then I can't use that button again to un-pause it? I have to unlock my screen first, then the button will un-pause it.

Is this normal behaviour?

Not here, no. The button pauses/unpauses Walkman with the screen completely off regardless of how long I leave it like that.

Are you using the earphones that shipped with the handset?

Yeah standard headphones. It's weird. Sometimes it seems to be ok for longer than others.

Sometimes when I pause with the headphone button the Walkman app seems to close altogether, and I have to not only unlock but go into the Walkman app and press play before it will do anything.

Very strange indeed.

Do you have Stamina mode turned on? I don't know, but if you do, you may need to add the Walkman app in the "Apps Active in Standby" list.

No, only power management I have turned on is the location based Wi-Fi. Everything else is off.

Been trying to work out what might be causing it but no idea. Last time it happened and it looked like the Walkman app had shut, checked in services and the service was still running, but still couldn't get the music to play again unless I re-opened the app, then I could press the button on the headphones and it would start playing again.

Very annoying though having to keep unlocking the phone. Wondering if I should raise it with Sony themselves and see if they can do anything.

Fixed the issue. It seems to have been related to an application that I had installed.

Started phone in safe mode and worked fine for periods of time. Not sure which app, but uninstalled anything I wasn't really using or didn't feel I needed anymore and issue resolved.

So in case anyone else comes here with similar issues, I suggest the above. :)

Back
Top Bottom