• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying problem since my phone updated to Andoid 9.0

I have a Samsung S8 and a little over a week ago it updated to Android 9.0. Since this has happened, tracks that I delete in the Samsung Music app are repopulated by the next day. I delete them again, they are back again by the next day.

I suspect this has to do with some type of automatic back-up/restore function, but I have went through almost every setting, including 'Accounts and Backup" and haven't found anything that solves this issue. I also found nothing in the settings of the Samsung Music app. . I also tried searching google and the posts that came up are either outdated or don't fix the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is the music on your phone? sd card? or just saved in the cloud?
Thanks! It's on the SD card. It is actually daily talk radio show I download and sparse up in 10 minute pieces and load onto my phone. So if I can't delete them after I listen to them, it quickly builds up to many files which is why this problem is so annoying.

hmmm i wonder if it is syncing with your samsung account and thus restoring it? maybe delete it off of the card? otherwise i'm not sure.

hmmm i wonder if it is syncing with your samsung account and thus restoring it? maybe delete it off of the card? otherwise i'm not sure.
I could try, but that doesn't solve the ultimate problem as it means anytime I need to delete a track, I can't do it though the Samsung music app.

So I just checked and I probably should have tested this before, but when I delete the track from Samsung Music it did not delete the track on my SD card like it did before the 9.0 update. Now it stays on the SD card, and appears back in the Samsung Music app by the next day. So now the question is what changed? How come it does this now when it didn't before.

my guess is the even though you delete within samsung music on your device it does not delete from samsung cloud. so when it syncs the next day it finds the missing music and redownloads it......its my guess and it could be due to the pie update.

Alright, since I hand deleted them off of my SD card yesterday they haven't reappeared.

So I have been able to narrow down the problem to this: When I delete tracks from the Samsung Music app it will no longer delete them off of the SD card like it did before the Android 9.0 update.

Anybody have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom