• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying Visual Voice Mail Prompt

lgbalfa

Every time someone leaves me a voice mail I get an annoying "set up your Visual Voice Mail" prompt. I don't want Visual Voice Mail. Once the prompt comes up, there is no way to dismiss it, and the "back" button doesn't work. I have to continue like I'm going to install it then reject the licensing agreement. I don't see it in the app list to disable. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

Not sure. (I use Google Voice for VM so I don't have the issue myself, though I do have some other VM issues.)

There is a free tier of visual vm. Why don't you want it?

I actually tried it, it's nice I think. I use GV though so am used to the layout.

I would have kept it but, for some unknown reason, calls made to my GV number will not forward to Verizon voice mail. They insist on staying in GV. That's a tale for a different thread and a different day, I've given up and am just using GV again.

Not sure how you'd stop it from popping up, I went online to My Account and saw no way to block it and you can't disable it on the phone. How obnoxious! Call Verizon and ask them I guess.

Back
Top Bottom