• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying way to regain phone storage space

Tangent

Android Enthusiast
A few hours ago my Slide started with an endless force close error that only went away after managing to hit the "shut down" option in the fraction of a second before the error popped back up. Unfortunately, it then went into an endless reboot cycle. I finally decided to use the Clear Storage option to get it back and just suck it up and reinstall all apps and redo all settings. I've pretty much finished that now and noticed I have about 47MB of space available. Until now I've been stuck with having to religiously clear the cache from all apps to avoid the <15MB Low Storage Space warning.

Is it possible that using Clear Storage was the only way to really get rid of junk left behind from previously removed apps? Or do apps that have gotten updated over time take up more room than cleanly installed current versions?

I could be wrong, but I would guess that when doing updates you get old bits and pieces left behind on the phone since it happens on the sd card

Back
Top Bottom