• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another bluetooth problem and my fix

About a year ago I upgraded to the Droid Razr XT912 , my service vehicle had a Motorola Bluetooth. Both components paired up with no problem. In Nov of 2012 I purchased a 2006 Nissan Titan and had a Parrot 7100 installed, again both components paired up perfectly. Last week 03-29-2013 Verizon/Motorola performed a Google update resulting in a total disaster. The first time I went to use the Parrot Bluetooth it started calling the numbers in my phone book one by one. When life was good, I would hit the start bottom on the Parrot and the Parrot would respond "say a command" etc. In order for me to fine tune the Parrot I now have to go through my phone book name by name and train the voice recognition. Verizon has replaced two of our phones today admitting that this a problem with the Google download, Motorola concurs. Verizon had hoped that the new phones would have solved the problem. Tomorrow 04-03-2013 I will be calling the Parrot support center back east in hopes they may have a fix for the problem.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and Motorola, here is the fix that is working for me. But first, I contacted Parrot customer service tech people, they advised me of similar complaints that they are receiving from their customers. Also, Parrot tech had me down load a ver 5 for my Parrot. When all said and done my Droid still did not work. However it took a Motorola tech located in the Philippines to come up with the fix.
No. 1 go to Manage apps and look for Google Search and disable it.
No. 2 go to System Settings and go to Security and Screens Lock, look for Allow Bluetooth bypass and click on it, a blue check mark should now show up.
No. 3 re-pair your Droid to your Bluetooth and test it.
Hopefully this will clear up some of the problems between the Bluetooth and the not so nice Droid.
PS I have no idea what the effects are with the remaining Google apps. My main issue was having my Bluetooth operational.
73's from W6ALF

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones