• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ANOTHER flash player problem

txaspeat

I have 2 samsung tab 2 10.1, well the kids have one each. Anyway after reading on here about the flash player dramas people are having I went to the flash archive and downloaded the latest player 11.1.115.47 on my sons tab, replaced opera with boat browser cos I read that boat was flash compatible, and all seemed well, flash seems to work, channel 4od plays ok, it wouldnt play on opera so I guess boat + flash is 1 way to do it.

Anyway....the day after I decided id do the same with my daughters tab, exactly the same p5110, 4.1.1 JB version, same flash player.

Then guess what, flash isnt working on my daughters tab, channel 4od wont play, tells me I require flash player, as do other flash sites.

So I have 2 identical tabs with same browser, same flash player, same antivirus, same every thing except games and apps obviously.....so WTF will my girls tab not run with flash player when my lads tab runs it fine?

Can anybody help or suggest anything before I dig the reciept out and take the piece of junk back to the shop...im seriously regretting buying these 2 samsung tablets, it seems like one niggle after another.

Hello txaspeat. :)

I'd have a closer look at what different apps/widgets are in the tab that is not giving full functionality to flashplayer. My guess is that there's something at the service/resource hog trough disallowing much else to get anything needed to run the player in the browser.

A good step is to just disable or remove 3rd party apps/widgets one at a time and reboot then test for the flashplayer to work; very time consuming of course.

Post back about what you find. I'm guessing you'll see a game or something like that being the culprit. Don't forget to reboot after any changes/uninstalls or deletions. Plus clear the cache on the browser, unless it's set to do that by default in the browser setting menu. ;)

Back
Top Bottom