• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Thunderbolt released on 17th rumor

When my incredible was about to be delivered by fed-ex in april last year i called the sorting facility and told them to hold my package when it arrived there and i would be by to pick it up. she made a note in the computer and i picked it up the next morning rather than having to wait at my house for the fed-ex guy to show up. also even if you sign a note and stick it on your door it is still at the drivers discretion whether or not to leave the package. they will leave it for sure if you sign the sticky note they put on the door though.

When I ordered my 3GS 2 years ago, they flat out denied that for me. I think UPS delivered if memory serves. I'm guessing it was because the phone was brand new and they knew what to expect. Even the driver had indicated that he had a lot of those "little suckers" and he was instructed not to leave them at the door even if a note was left.

Upvote 0
When my incredible was about to be delivered by fed-ex in april last year i called the sorting facility and told them to hold my package when it arrived there and i would be by to pick it up. she made a note in the computer and i picked it up the next morning rather than having to wait at my house for the fed-ex guy to show up. also even if you sign a note and stick it on your door it is still at the drivers discretion whether or not to leave the package. they will leave it for sure if you sign the sticky note they put on the door though.

FedEx HQ is in your neck of the woods. Not many folks have that option unless they want to drive to a hub that could be 100 miles away.

I used to somtimes get stuff from Lexington that way though, but less than 27 miles.

Upvote 0
So is your believer still broke today or are you on board for a Thursday launch? :D

First time I recall that our company reps had zero clue. This is uncharted territory and shows the level of oddness with the TB launch.

Now I start product smack:

1. SD is stuck behind the battery (why on a big a55 device like this?)
2. No 4G toggle
3. How soon to get a tether app working (without extra data plan)? Need this ASAP. My Inc has been a warrior for tether function.

Have to test the device out before I throw some more smack :);)

added:

For comparison, my gTablet has Tegra 2 and has been better than expected for N64, PSX and Flash :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones