• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any app to track a troublemaker?

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hello guys

My S3 started to act weird, since 6 or so days.
When I power it up and swipe down notification to toggle the WiFi button, sometimes the phone will hang and reboot automatically. Sometimes sliding across the screens gets really slow. And just now, I couldn't turn the phone by pressing the power button. I had to remove the battery and reboot.

I didn't install anything new in months, but I did get serious of updates for number of apps I have been using for a long time.

Is there any app, that could log the apps activities or tell me what cause the crashes, hogging the memory and the like?

I did see few that sort of apps, but I do hope for some recommendation, to spare me the time of trial and error to find something good.

Thanks for taking the time to read,

regards

Seba

You can try clearing the cache from recovery. You can access it by pressing and holding Power button + volume up + home.

Before I do that, would you happen know what kind of data will get wiped out during that process ?

Nothing that matters mate. Its completely safe and you wont lose any visible data (apps, pics, sms, anythin like that) :thumbup:

Hello guys

I just like to follow up on my problem.

I tried clearing the cache, and while it improved the performance to a degree, I still was experiencing lock screen freeze and random freeze when operating the phone. It became very intense in the past two days. Literally, whenever I on the phone to check mail or whatsapp, it would freeze within minutes.

I tried using the Dummy File Generator (DFG), which I found on XDA, but it didn't seem to do me any good. The phone was constantly crashing and it wouldn't reboot within hours, unless I removed the battery.

Anyway, when I was reading about DFG, someone mention there was a firmware upgrade, recently released by Samsung. I connected my phone, and there it was:
PDA:MC2 / PHONE:MB1 / CSC:MC2 (XME)

The phone came back to life and normal use instantly after that upgrade. Haven't made any single problem in past 6 hours. Hopefully it's fixed, given my warranty will be out in a month :)

I tried to find more details about the upgrade, with little luck.

Just wanted to follow up, to let you know that for now everything works well.

Thank you so very much for your time and the prompt replies.

You guys have a great weekend ahead :)

cheers

Hello guys

I just like to follow up on my problem.

I tried clearing the cache, and while it improved the performance to a degree, I still was experiencing lock screen freeze and random freeze when operating the phone. It became very intense in the past two days. Literally, whenever I on the phone to check mail or whatsapp, it would freeze within minutes.

I tried using the Dummy File Generator (DFG), which I found on XDA, but it didn't seem to do me any good. The phone was constantly crashing and it wouldn't reboot within hours, unless I removed the battery.

Anyway, when I was reading about DFG, someone mention there was a firmware upgrade, recently released by Samsung. I connected my phone, and there it was:
PDA:MC2 / PHONE:MB1 / CSC:MC2 (XME)

The phone came back to life and normal use instantly after that upgrade. Haven't made any single problem in past 6 hours. Hopefully it's fixed, given my warranty will be out in a month :)

I tried to find more details about the upgrade, with little luck.

Just wanted to follow up, to let you know that for now everything works well.

Thank you so very much for your time and the prompt replies.

You guys have a great weekend ahead :)

cheers

Another tool for general troubleshooting is booting into safe mode & restore each d/l app one @ a time until the problem rears its ugly head:

Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Enable or Exit Safe Mode - YouTube

Galaxy S3 Tips and Tricks : Android Safemode Boot - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom