• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any feedback for Motorola?

Great question, Lisa! On the media dock home screen there is an icon that looks like a light bulb. After touching the icon the brightness level dramatically drops, giving you a "night time" mode.
Thanks, however, I've done what you suggested and also played with the brightness of the screen - quite a bit last night. It is still too bright. It's one of the brightest "alarm clock" things I've ever had. Take it in a totally dark room and you can almost read by it. Well - not quite but almost.

Upvote 0
For all we know, he/she could be part of the iPhone dev team.

He/she should have specified if Motorola was looking for feedback on hardware, software, or both. Things I'd change:

Hardware:

- Stronger antenna/3G radios, I move 10 feet in my house DL speeds go from 1.5Mb to 400kb, constant flappng from 3g 4 bars to 1x 2 bars...phone stationary on my desk

- Default screen brightness extended on the low end. Wake from sleep brightness level is lower than "0" setting, and could help extend battery life, and let people go to sleep in dock mode.

- Easier way to wake from sleep, power button to hard to activate...maybe add a sleep mode that doesn't "lock"

- Voice searches phone itself for Contact addr., Music, etc, instead of google web search (not sure if this Motorola or Google's dept....voice dialer can open apps, search contacts, but not "find files". At least I can't get it to work right.)

- Smaller D-pad, larger Keypad...I actually wouldn't mind if it were 3-4mm wider on all sides, and or stagger the keys like a real keyboard.

- Extended battery and cover with every Droid (a la Motorola Q Global AT&T)

- Full Metal Jacket: You called it a "DROID", make it look like one, so we don't have to worry about paint flaking or scratches. R2D2 got shot with a laser and he didn't have to worry about ZAGG screen protectors. Give it all metal, non painted case.

- TV Out?

- Conference calling (3+ lines)

Software:

- Whole other can of worms which Motorola may not be responsible for on a developing platform.

Upvote 0
First, I love the phone. So does my wife. Well done.

But some things I really thought were missing, as if by mistake.

1) We need to be able to see notification specifics on the lock screen. Having to unlock it and slide down the bar to know whether we need to deal with something *now* gets very very annoying after a few days. The process with the Droid is - pick it up, fumble for the power button, shift the phone to get to the swipe (or worse yet use two hands), slide down the bar, note in a second the only stuff I needed to see, fumble for the power button again. Do that 30 times a day and it gets old.

It seems like there is a ton of room on the lock screen for some detailed notifications, give me the option to list calls and emails.

2) I tired to email myself a ringtome a few days ago. I couldn't do it. At all. There was no way to save the attached file. I could open it, but even then I couldn't save it. That is....... weird. I've read there are real problems forwarding attachments as well.

3) The battery door is a problem. If you use it it gets loose, and once it gets loose it just falls off.

4) The power button is too small. And yet it's too easy to turn the phone on by bumping it accidently. All of the power buttons on phones I've had previously were exactly the opposite. This seem weird.

Upvote 0
First, I love the phone. So does my wife. Well done.
2) I tired to email myself a ringtome a few days ago. I couldn't do it. At all. There was no way to save the attached file. I could open it, but even then I couldn't save it. That is....... weird. I've read there are real problems forwarding attachments as well...

Do yourself a favor and get K-9 Mail (Droid Market) for your web email accounts. You'll resolve that issue right away.

Upvote 0
I can't use it for home alarm clock anyway. I have the clock set a half hour fast. (Psychological thing.....makes me feel like I'm getting up a half hour later.) Can't do that with my phone. So I have the old fashioned (not really that old) radio alarm clock. It works great!

you can change the setting in your phone so that is does not auto update from verizons servers... this will let up fup the time all your want..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones