• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any issues after rooting the Volt [Boost]?

shezzy

Android Enthusiast
Hi All,

I'm a long time rooter for many other phones that I have previously owned. I just purchased this phone and obviously I would like to root it for hotspot/tether, remove bloat etc.. However, I've noticed there seem to be issues stated through out these forums which raises some concerns..and questions I have.

Assuming I would use the towelroot tool by geohot method to root:

1. I read somewhere in the forums that LG placed a root detection feature? does that revert root or cause any interruption of any services? I thought I read something about data connections being an issue?

2. I assume if I root and a over the air update is issued that I won't be able to receive it. Is this true? Is this phone suppose to receive any updates? Also, has a stable method for reverting to complete stock for boost mobile been found without any status 2 issues etc? I rather not tamper with my device if I can't get it back to square one.

3. Has any one noticed any other issues (that aren't listed) since rooting like bricking/unexpected resets/ etc ? Again, I only plan on rooting and adding SU for things like greenify/tether/titanium backup.

I know similar threads exist for these topics but to be honest they are spread out and seemingly not up to date.

I'm really enjoying the phone , however, I know rooting it and removing bloat will help allot with the performance.

Hi All,

1. I read somewhere in the forums that LG placed a root detection feature? does that revert root or cause any interruption of any services? I thought I read something about data connections being an issue?

2. I assume if I root and a over the air update is issued that I won't be able to receive it. Is this true? Is this phone suppose to receive any updates? Also, has a stable method for reverting to complete stock for boost mobile been found without any status 2 issues etc? I rather not tamper with my device if I can't get it back to square one.

3. Has any one noticed any other issues (that aren't listed) since rooting like bricking/unexpected resets/ etc ? Again, I only plan on rooting and adding SU for things like greenify/tether/titanium backup.

I'll only answer what I can personally attest to:

1. There is a root detection so when you root it will trip that flag with no way of "clearing" it.
2. Not too sure about doing a factory reset from recovery only factory reset I have done was from within android. I was worried about that status 2 issue as well.
3. I've had zero issues after rooting, no data issues, no bricking, or unexpected resets. I have Greenify, TB, and the Xposed framework and modules with no problem.

I'll only answer what I can personally attest to:

1. There is a root detection so when you root it will trip that flag with no way of "clearing" it.
2. Not too sure about doing a factory reset from recovery only factory reset I have done was from within android. I was worried about that status 2 issue as well.
3. I've had zero issues after rooting, no data issues, no bricking, or unexpected resets. I have Greenify, TB, and the Xposed framework and modules with no problem.

Thanks for your response.. couple things.

1. I'm ok with the flag tripping and not being to be cleared as long as it doesn't interrupt or reset anything . I thought I read that people had to relink their data after rooting which is why I asked.

2. Would the factory reset in android allow you to recieve any updates if there were any? Is it only when you alter the recovery on the phone that makes it socan't receive updates over the air ( install them properly )

3. Did you use the towel.apk method mentioned in the root guide?

Thanks for your response.. couple things.

1. I'm ok with the flag tripping and not being to be cleared as long as it doesn't interrupt or reset anything . I thought I read that people had to relink their data after rooting which is why I asked.
I had zero data issues after rooting I rebooted my phone everything was fine didn't have to do anything.
2. Would the factory reset in android allow you to recieve any updates if there were any? Is it only when you alter the recovery on the phone that makes it socan't receive updates over the air ( install them properly )
Not sure since no updates have been pushed to my phone as of yet
3. Did you use the towel.apk method mentioned in the root guide?
Yes, it's the only method to root our phone right now. Just remember to get the latest Superuser from the play store after you root so you can control what gets root access and what doesn't. Without Superuser app it just gives everything root without any prompt.

I had zero data issues after rooting I rebooted my phone everything was fine didn't have to do anything.

Not sure since no updates have been pushed to my phone as of yet

Yes, it's the only method to root our phone right now. Just remember to get the latest Superuser from the play store after you root so you can control what gets root access and what doesn't. Without Superuser app it just gives everything root without any prompt.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gmwq20ggzei7fm/BusyBoxPro.apk Here's BusyBox Pro you should install this after SuperSU and install it. Than ya leave it alone and it updates itself.

Back
Top Bottom