• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any luck with Wifi Hotspot with Tmobile?

Vitorn

Lurker
I have to say, this is a FANTASTIC forum for our new little friend. Its a GREAT phone, got it for 99$ from HSN, then rooted and TWRP of course thanks to shaby :-)
Now, anyone been able to get any Wifi tethering to work with Tmobile?
I tried Foxfi, wifi tether, barnacle, but no luck :-(

This phone would be AWESOME if I can get tethering to work with the $30 plan with Tmob............

Cheers all............... I LOVE MY SGL :):D

Tmobile detects tethering, you can enable it all you like. but you need to hide it via VPN or user agent strings in your browser.

Thank you so much. With the user agent the browser might be good, how about all other non-browser apps?! Would you have or know of VPN how-to for a newbie like me?
Thanks a million :-)

I use FoxFi on my home computer without any problems. Well, one problem: to use Netflix, you have to unhide tether usage, get the video to load, then hide it again, or you'll get an error saying that your computer isn't compatible. This is an issue with Microsoft Silverlight. A bit of a nuisance, but one can't complain too much.

I have the Unlimited everything plan though. Not sure what limits/restrictions there are with the $30/mo plan.

EDIT: This is with USB tethering, not mobile hotspot. My mistake.

Aside from the hotspot problems through the carrier detection, this device in particular has troubled me recently with consistent failed attempts to activate the hotspot. Had to reboot the device to grab a new tower to reconnect. Found that one through actual customer support. Then I thought they had blocked my torrenting capabilities but that too was also solved through another reset. This device seems to get irritable and peak out on me in RAM. Other than that its wonderful. Amazing deal for 100$.

Aside from the hotspot problems through the carrier detection, this device in particular has troubled me recently with consistent failed attempts to activate the hotspot. Had to reboot the device to grab a new tower to reconnect. Found that one through actual customer support. Then I thought they had blocked my torrenting capabilities but that too was also solved through another reset. This device seems to get irritable and peak out on me in RAM. Other than that its wonderful. Amazing deal for 100$.

I've heard of other people having connection issues with this phone, but I've never experienced anything like that. Maybe since it's such a cheap device the QC isn't up to as much snuff as it could be. Then again, I've heard of the same issues from people with Galaxy S3s and S4s. It could also be that where you are is in an area where the towers are too far apart and your phone (could be any phone) has trouble switching properly. BTW, you shouldn't have to bother rebooting. Just go into Airplane Mode and back, and your phone will look for the best connection.

I got a text from Sprint telling me they detected tether usage to a laptop. I have the native hotspot unlocked, but is there a vpn or an app I can use to get around detection? Thanks

I got metro pcs Samsung light.. but i got a problem because in some application ask me for root privileges and i am rooted plus i want to get wifi hotspot

Back
Top Bottom