• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

And here comes the Galaxy Note 2 rumors....

Samsung Galaxy Note II rumored to launch in October

Sounds nice, but 5.5" may be where I cross the line.

For my personal use, I couldn't do it, but for my work...maybe. I'm already on the verge of bringing my Flyer into Best Buy to get my "buy back" pricing, so if Sprint actually gets the Galaxy Note 2, I may consider opening a new line, using my Google Voice number, and also using the Note specifically for work.

That is, if I decide not to get another 7/8 inch tablet to replace the Flyer. Main thing I was using the Flyer for was for taking notes in meetings. Thing I haven't been much of a fan of is the writing isn't as accurate as I'd hoped.

A couple of these points that were mentioned in the rumor actually have been brought up a few times in the forums a while back.
The October reference makes sense, being the one year anniversary.
The 5.5 inch screen also sounds right since the rumor is that the bezel is smaller, same size but bigger screen.

Now with Samsung finally have grown a set of cojones lately and telling the carriers that there won't be any variants between carriers for the Galaxy S3 thus allowing it to sell the device across numerous carriers at one shot, I feel the trend is going to continue with the galaxy note. I feel that the carriers have noticed the sales on AT&T and are stepping up to the plate for the second generation of the note. Samsung in turn wants to sell as many as possible and will bring it to all the major carriers by the end of the year.

Hopefully i am right and by that time network vision will be here in NYC and I can drop AT&T and get the updated note on Sprint.

TS

Now that LTEvo is officially launched and an announcement is coming up for the SGS III, as well as a rumored launch date of June 21, I figured I'd update the timeline that we've seen for releases so far and adjust the speculation for future superphones:

ORIGINAL PROJECTION/PREDICTION

New Projection/Predictions:
4/22 - Galaxy Nexus and LG Viper
5/15 (delayed due to Customs/Apple Injunction)
5/24 (Phones finally reaching customers for soft pre-order release at Best Buy w/ Sprint pre-orders and other manufacturers trickling in afterwards)
6/2 - "Official" delayed LTEvo release date as announced by Sprint
6/21- SGS III
7/27 - MoPhoQ LTE or LG LS970?
8/24 - MoPhoQ LTE or LG LS970
9/21 - ???
10/5 - iPhone 5
10/19 - SGS Note 2 (?)

-EDIT- I removed the LS860 (e.g. Cayenne) because it was indicated to be more likely a "mid-range" phone, rather than a "superphone." Kinda makes sense, since most of the superphones seem to be moving away from the physical qwerty, but still seems like a decent choice for those people that really prefer having the physical sliding qwerty. Then again, if rumors prove right, the MoPhoQ might have one.

Link: Looks like Tommydaniel was right about the NDA 105 more likely being Motorola's offering or now that the 2 LG phones are rumored, it could be either of those

A couple of these points that were mentioned in the rumor actually have been brought up a few times in the forums a while back.
The October reference makes sense, being the one year anniversary.
The 5.5 inch screen also sounds right since the rumor is that the bezel is smaller, same size but bigger screen.

Now with Samsung finally have grown a set of cojones lately and telling the carriers that there won't be any variants between carriers for the Galaxy S3 thus allowing it to sell the device across numerous carriers at one shot, I feel the trend is going to continue with the galaxy note. I feel that the carriers have noticed the sales on AT&T and are stepping up to the plate for the second generation of the note. Samsung in turn wants to sell as many as possible and will bring it to all the major carriers by the end of the year.

Hopefully i am right and by that time network vision will be here in NYC and I can drop AT&T and get the updated note on Sprint.

TS

If they kept the device the same size it is now, while increasing screen real estate I would be all over it!

I went to a non corporate store today and asked them about the pre-orders, they had not heard there was a pre-order already. I laughed. They didn't even know the release date. I told them its all over the internet. They were excited. lol

How do the pre-orders work? Do you need to put anything down? Do you pay for the whole thing?

update: I took care of it.

They may be online only through Sprint, not sure though. BestBuy is taking pre-orders starting today as well, that's where I'm going to go since I have buyback for my last phone. BestBuy usually only requests $50 to pre-order.

They may be online only through Sprint, not sure though. BestBuy is taking pre-orders starting today as well, that's where I'm going to go since I have buyback for my last phone. BestBuy usually only requests $50 to pre-order.

I had to do mine online since I am ordering the 32GB version. Let me know if Best Buy is offering the 32GB version also.

I had to do mine online since I am ordering the 32GB version. Let me know if Best Buy is offering the 32GB version also.

Bestbuy is only offering the 16GB, but with expandable memory up to 64GB I'm not too worried. Also, I signed up for the Phone Freedom thing awhile back so I will be getting $50 for that, plus the buyback for the Epic touch($279).

If they kept the device the same size it is now, while increasing screen real estate I would be all over it!
Same here. Using the Note on AT&T has made me appreciate sprint more but its one heck of a phone. An updated one would be sweet on Sprint.

As for the S3, I am so surprised that AT&T is getting a red one, you would think Verizon would have dibs on the red color first. Either way the Blue as well as the white both look awesome.

Same here. Using the Note on AT&T has made me appreciate sprint more but its one heck of a phone. An updated one would be sweet on Sprint.

As for the S3, I am so surprised that AT&T is getting a red one, you would think Verizon would have dibs on the red color first. Either way the Blue as well as the white both look awesome.

I have a feeling we are going to see a rainbow of color choices before the year is over.

They are making a red one also? Wow.

I heard the Pebble Blue is now Metallic Blue? They changed the color of the U.S. version?

It always seemed to me that the pebble blue did have a little bit of a metallic sheen to it. But, Samsung already commented and said the pebble blue is the same blue they originally unveiled.

Bestbuy is only offering the 16GB, but with expandable memory up to 64GB I'm not too worried. Also, I signed up for the Phone Freedom thing awhile back so I will be getting $50 for that, plus the buyback for the Epic touch($279).

I hope Best Buy eventually offers the 32gb version. Otherwise, SGS 3 will fall back as far as my selection is concerned. The 32gb internal storage is a big plus for me that would make the decision more difficult between that an the LTEvo. Even though I'm still waiting until all the superphones are announced and/or out, I know for sure that I'm going to Best Buy to upgrade, just because of my buy back and Phone Freedom credits.

Probably, but is it me but that pebble blue in the video doesn't look blue at all.

Kinda reminds me a little of the Photon, where it has a little 'bit of dark blue accent...which I like. I'd prefer dark blue, just because it's my favorite color, but really does show me hints of what the Photon's like (color-wise).

It always seemed to me that the pebble blue did have a little bit of a metallic sheen to it. But, Samsung already commented and said the pebble blue is the same blue they originally unveiled.

The one in the video does not look like the original Pebble Blue. Not saying that it is not. I saw that video on another forum and they were saying that Samsung did change the color. I am hoping they are wrong because I like the Pebble Blue.

The one in the video does not look like the original Pebble Blue. Not saying that it is not. I saw that video on another forum and they were saying that Samsung did change the color. I am hoping they are wrong because I like the Pebble Blue.

Here's the story that confirms nothings changed. Samsung Confirms No Delay On The U.S. Pebble Blue Galaxy S III, Says No Change Made To Its Appearance

The color of the one in the video is a lot more gray than anything. I bet they got shipped that one on accident. Possibly new potential color or something.

Back
Top Bottom