• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any news about this update?

dragonhart6505

Android Expert
Checked Update Center for S&G's and there's a new update. Presumably its 5.1, but I'm not able to confirm and since I'm rooted I don't want to risk the update locking my bootloader and screwing my TWRP. I need these.
Anyone out there checking it out?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-11-00-47-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-11-00-47-46.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 68
Well, if it's over 300 MB it should be a major update. So yeah, it may be 5.1.

Yeah dude capture that OTA!
We need it. It should be in /cache
Oh i use xposed so I can't download it via wi-fi
I already have plans to tear it apart and remove the recovery and bl update (if there are any) and make it flashable but the update is only being pushed over wifi for the time being and I don't have wifi. Also I want to figure out how to injuct SuperSU and binaries into it as I'm fairly certain it will break our current root. It'll take a bit of work but I've modded roms in the past for the HTC Desire 510 and ZTE Awe so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Root is my main concern.
I'm pretty sure someone will get to it before I do however. If you could get the update and throw it up for me, I'll have an extensive look at it and my colleagues at Team YAR should be able to make this happen.

Yeah dude capture that OTA!
We need it. It should be in /cache
I already have plans to tear it apart and remove the recovery and bl update (if there are any) and make it flashable but the update is only being pushed over wifi for the time being and I don't have wifi. Also I want to figure out how to injuct SuperSU and binaries into it as I'm fairly certain it will break our current root. It'll take a bit of work but I've modded roms in the past for the HTC Desire 510 and ZTE Awe so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Root is my main concern.
I'm pretty sure someone will get to it before I do however. If you could get the update and throw it up for me, I'll have an extensive look at it and my colleagues at Team YAR should be able to make this happen.

We're already working on a 5.1.1 flashable update. I only want the ota to see what was patched.

Back
Top Bottom